About Me

My photo
Frenglish with uncontrollable laughter and a serious case of talkativeness

Monday, October 12, 2009

Le bilan de la semaine









So lots of museums, cultural sightings and the like this week. You will note the vertigoesque escalators in the American History Museum as well as statues of girls holding flowers (which look like broccoli) and yes the original ruby slippers for the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. You really never know what you're going to find here. Spent the remainder of the week room decorating as well which has been great fun. I now have a considerable collection of photos adorning my many walls. The weather has been ridiculously hot though I shouldn't be complaining I guess. Still the only summerlike clothes I brought with me were my sports t-shirts (which I am sure as you can imagine are very sexy indeed).


Randomly I also met up with old friends from my Erasmus exchange in Paris 2 years ago. Turns out the majority of them are working in DC...the world is shockingly small...in a very good way. I have managed nevertheless to preserve my precious English accent (or trying to at least). Resistance has been difficult though I admit. I start work tomorrow which is exciting (I get my own security badge and everything so I have to act like I'm important....which I am sure won't be too hard to do). Have also started Chinese lessons (why you ask?), well it's always been something I've wanted to do and why not. My internship hours finish late afternoon so why not use the time wisely I say.

So a pretty good first week - have become cultured, met up with friends, managed to keep english accent, got a bike and managed to preserve my anger when realising that galaxy bars are called Dove bars here (I know wtf right? that's a soap brand hello).

Thing left to do:

- go to the theatre

-go to my first jazz concert

- experience thanksgiving


- play basketball with Obama


- learn black slang (if that is a politically correct term)

- learn to swing dance (not the indecent kind)





No comments: