About Me

My photo
Frenglish with uncontrollable laughter and a serious case of talkativeness

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Party in the USA







It so much fun being a social butterfly. I've been meeting up with old Paris friends (i.e Michelle and Philipp [who I didn't even know was here until by chance he saw my FB status and contacted me]). The world is freakishly small (I've been saying this a lot). Mich has been amazing, showing me around everywhere and taking me to one of my now favourite bars called Madhatter (all the walls are decorated in Alice in Wonderland memorabilia). Have developed thanks to her a new found obsession with whiskey sours - they're ALL I am drinking now, which is slightly worrying. In honour of this posts ode to alcohol, I've posted a photo of my official legal drink in the USA 8D.






Have also met a lot of European Interns (interning at different embassies) whom it turns out all go to Sciences Po/went to. It seemed very surreal indeed to be talking French in America. I've furthermore met a few other people thanks to a story which goes along the lines of "our parents have a mutual friend....who came to DC on a business trip....who invited us to her hotel for coffee....who introduced us....and the rest "c'est l'histoire". One of these delightful people of whom I speak of is Clarissa, who worked on the Obama campaign and who has met the man about 20 or so times....in person! Lucky biatch indeed. She has also met Biden as well, who we both agree is indeed a very handsome man for the considerable age he is. Anyway Clarissa invited me to this "soul and funk party" at hers the other night because apparently the house she currently lives in used to be the after concert party house for the likes of James Brown and The Temptations. It's such a shame I don't have a full body photo of what I was wearing that night - you see the red black and yellow floral top I have? Well imagine that with a bright red knee length skirt, brown belt, black tights and brown boots - I've never felt so flash in all my life.

No comments: