About Me

My photo
Frenglish with uncontrollable laughter and a serious case of talkativeness

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mickey and the knight


Went to the Shakespeare Theatre Coffee morning at the Embassy today (God listen to me acting all posh nosh) - in all fairness I seemed to have pressed all the right buttons with Sir Sheinwald because he kept on pressing Dad to make sure that I come to this event. So here I am in the midst of all these very important people when out of the blue I am introduced to none other than Sir Ian Mckellen! He is quite possibly the epitome of what I want to be when I'm 70+. The man comes to this black tie morning event in a pair of beige trousers (matching jacket and trainers!) and a light blue lacost t-shirt! What I learnt: he likes lots of honey in his porridge, he has read the script of the upcoming film The Hobbit and strongly recommends I go to New Zealand. That and I have absolutely fallen in love with the sound of his very warm and articulate voice.


Another legend who I had the immense pleasure of meeting was Mickey Rooney! This little 5ft 1 person was particularly unrelenting at showing me his decorative war badges (which although impressive in their own right, after 10 minutes you tend to want to talk about something else surely). Anyway I found it very surreal indeed that I was talking to someone who had starred with the likes of Judy Garland and Audrey Hepburn back in the day! Quite possibly one of the most amazing Sundays ever.


1 comment:

Laruchka said...

Keep writing Tess! I miss your blog posts xx