About Me

My photo
Frenglish with uncontrollable laughter and a serious case of talkativeness

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nie Hao


Have begun Chinese lessons! Yup, twice a week and have only had two classes so far but it's going well (well as good as can be I guess). It's a bloody complicated language though. It has 4 different ways to pronounce a sound like for instance the letter "a", there is NO alphabet, "the" does not exist, there are no tenses and there is no logical way of writing the characters...you have to remember them allllll by heart. My teacher, Kai, is very VERY patient is all I can say.
Finally managed to write my name out though the other day, although I write the characters far bigger than they should be, I'm just glad I'm getting the ink strokes correct. Small start.

No comments: